So right now I am on fire. A half-hour ago I devoured a bunch of baked tofu that was doused in Sambal Olelek, a fiery mix of chili, garlic, and I guess even more chili. So good, but not for beginners. This is not introductory-level hot at all.
So I will provide to you a recipe that will just plain send you into a profuse sweat. Here you go:
- 1 package firm tofu
- 1/4 bottle (2 oz.) Sambal Olelek
- 4 packets Splenda
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Cube tofu into bite-sized pieces
- Bake in convection oven at 350°f. for 20 minutes
- While the tofu is baking, mix up the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Once the tofu is done baking, you can either dip the tofu pieces into the bowl, or just add the pieces into the bowl
So this will result in what amounts to fire soup. But the thing is, the sweetness and vinegar masks much of the heat, so you end up consuming far more chili than would normally be possible. I'm still sweating a bit. But it is so good. So good. Worth the burn.